* 2-Apr-2015 The 2015 Programme and Moving Schedule for Kennet have been distributed over the past few days - and copies are also available here.
* 14-Feb-2015 All members should have now received notice of the Society’s Annual General Meeting to be held at 2pm on Saturday 7th March 2015 at the Rolls Royce Social Club, Skipton Road, Barnoldswick BB18 6HJ. Later that day there will also be a Tapas Cruise on the Romance starting from Ripley Green, near Blackburn at 7pm. Booking forms need to be returned by 25th February. Why not make up a group and bring your friends?
* 3-Nov-2014 The latest Friends of Kennet Newsletter should now have arrived in your inbox - and is online here.
* 22-Aug-2014 The 3rd Kennet update of the season is now online. As you will see the main change is that the CRT Partnership has changed the format of the day and it is now only an “internal event” so Kennet is stopping in the west to the end of the season. There are also other alterations along with additions. Please have a look and volunteer to help with staffing and moving so that we can have a successful end to the season. We are particularly short of help for the 31st August in Runcorn, the Crooke Beer, Boat and Folk Festival (20-21 September) and the PR day (9 October).
* 15-Jul-2014 We are now well into the season, which so far has been very successful with over 3,000 visitors to date including five schools. An updated Kennet Movements & Programme is now online. As you see it has seen some changes / additions which although adds to the volunteering input we feel that if we can achieve it the the whole season will be a huge success. However it does rely on us having the volunteers to help - so please let the appropriate contact know as indicated on the programme. Many thanks to all those who have helped to date and we look forward to seeing as many of you as possible over the remainder of the season.
* 5-Jun-2014 We plan to open to the public on Sunday 22nd June for the Burscough Heritage Weekend. PLEASE HELP so that we can open up at the place where Kennet was "relaunched" in a blaze of glory 2 years ago. You simply need to help the public onto and in Kennet with the added enjoyment of chatting to interested people.
* 7-Apr-2014 Hello All - we are looking at holding an "Open Day" to invite Organisations, Boat Clubs and other possible interested parties to promote Kennet and the Society. If we have enough volunteers come forwards then it will take place on Saturday 31st May at ELWY Boat Club (they have kiindly offered to move some boats for us so that we have easy access). So it is over to you - please let us know your thoughts and whether you would be available. Apart from this we must not forget our other events initial events of Skipton Waterways Festival at Skipton and Hyndburn. We will be just beyond the Bridge on the Springs Branch and would like to also utilise the grass area on the bank to add to our impact - so the more of us there is the more impact we can make. Please let us know (if you haven't already done so) when you can join us on any event (especially the ones above) so we can finalise our plans. Many thanks to those who have already volunteered. Latest version of the events list.